Acentia’s customers are faced with many challenges in today’s marketplace. Global staff, integrated program teams, virtual offices, and reduced budgets are examples of an increasing need for enhanced and mature program management processes. Our customers manage and support major development and service management efforts that require an efficient and effective management methodology to mitigate risk, control scope, and manage expectations.
With 100+ Project Management Professionals on staff, Acentia supports its operations and services processes with a comprehensive program management methodology. This methodology is firmly based on industry and government best practices, including the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the “Acentia Way”- a process framework that is successfully appraised at CMMI Maturity Level 4. This level of process maturity enables Acentia to manage our program and process performance quantitatively. The Acentia PMO and Office of Process Excellence use program data such as: effort, budget, and schedule performance to determine ways to improve program performance based on objective results. Our Program Management methodology includes:
- Initiation and Planning: Ensuring resources and schedules align with business objectives
- Monitoring and Control: Ensuring performance is monitored and reported, variances identified, and corrective action taken
- Financial management: Ensuring alignment of budget to scope and resources
- Resource management: Employee engagement, performance reviews, and team development
Our methodology integrates the processes, required artifacts, and industry standard techniques required to manage complex programs efficiently and is supported and monitored for each program by our corporate Program Management Office.
Tools and Techniques:
- Acentia’s Insight 360 Program Management Tool is a collaborative management tool used to monitor program performance and manage program deliverables. Insight 360 leverages Microsoft® Office applications such as Microsoft® Project Professional and is integrated with Microsoft® SharePoint. This tool provides a consistent, efficient and effective method for planning and monitoring of all aspects of program management, process management, quality management and documentation support.
- Acentia manages programs using Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques, based on the ANSI/EIA Standard-748. EVM is very effective for assessing overall performance on complex, high-value, or development-oriented programs. EVM integrates objectives for the triple constraints of program scope, schedule, and cost, establishes a baseline plan for accomplishment of the objectives, and uses earned value techniques to measure overall performance during the life of the project. This level of management discipline enables objective reporting of program accomplishments, costs, and remaining budget.
- Acentia’s Risk Management process framework is a valuable and effective tool for program managers and our customers to be informed of potential risks and their impact to program success. Using our Insight 360 Tool, programs identifying risks, assign a responsible party, and conduct ongoing risk analysis to determine the quantitative and qualitative characteristics that determine mitigation plans. The graphic below depicts our risk management process