Acentia supports the mission of science, including service and stewardship, to ensure science-based federal agencies continue to generate tremendous value for the nation and beyond.
Acentia fulfills administration, management, and technology support needs so our customer organizations can focus on the science that is critical to the future success of our nation. We provide deep analysis within specific program missions, developing feasible solutions and proof-of-concept designs. Our approach often carries through the entire program lifecycle to include modernization and IT transformation strategies, enabling the government to save money and reduce risk.
From daily weather forecasts, severe storm warnings and climate monitoring to fisheries management, coastal restoration and supporting marine commerce, Acentia’s work with National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) supports economic vitality and affects more than one-third of America’s gross domestic product in support of NOAA’s long-term goals: Climate Adaptation and Mitigation, Weather-Ready Nation, Healthy Oceans, and Resilient Coastal Communities and Economies.
Acentia’s science sector covers:
- Laboratory research and development (R&D)
- Publishing, patents, and scientific communication
- Medical, Biomedical and Food Safety
- Biological, Chemical, Radiological and Nuclear
- Electronics, Communications, and Sensing Research
- Earth and Climate
- The science underpinning the engineering development of other sectors
- Satellite Aided tracking for search and rescue missions
- Launch, activation, and evaluation of new satellites and the in-depth assessment of satellite and ground systems anomalies
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES)
- Polar-Orbiting Operational Environmental Satellites (POES)
- Environmental Satellite Processing